posible BUG on psql... or maybe worst - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject posible BUG on psql... or maybe worst
Date
List pgsql-general
I was making some table creation on one of our development DB and found
that psql's \dt has problems showing all tables available. Basically, if
you have to tables with the same name in different schemas, only one
will be listed (the one on the schema that is first in the search_path).

IMHO, \dt should show all the tables per-schema.

Now what I can't find is where the problem is. \dt executes this query:

SELECT n.nspname as "Schema",
   c.relname as "Name",
   CASE c.relkind WHEN 'r' THEN 'table' WHEN 'v' THEN 'view' WHEN 'i'
THEN 'index' WHEN 'S' THEN 'sequence' WHEN 's' THEN 'special' END as "Type",
   r.rolname as "Owner"
FROM pg_catalog.pg_class c
      JOIN pg_catalog.pg_roles r ON r.oid = c.relowner
      LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
WHERE c.relkind IN ('r','')
   AND n.nspname <> 'pg_catalog'
   AND n.nspname !~ '^pg_toast'
   AND pg_catalog.pg_table_is_visible(c.oid)
ORDER BY 1,2;

The query looks ok, but it doesn't bring the 2 tables in the list.