Re: data=writeback - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From
Subject Re: data=writeback
Date
List pgsql-performance
> When I give "mount" at the command line, everything looks just fine :
>
> /dev/sda2 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
> none on /proc type proc (rw)
> usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
> /dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
> none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> /dev/sdb1 on /usr/local/pgsql type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)
> /dev/sda3 on /usr/local/pgsql/wal type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
>
> It looks like the labels are not really used, just the mount-points. Or
> could this cause other problems I am not aware of? Everything seems to
> be working just fine, for several months now...

Probably /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sda3 have the same labels and mount
simply mounts them in a consistent way according to some logic
we're not aware of.

I'd say: if it works don't touch it ;)

What remains unresolved is the question whether data=writeback is ok
or not. We'll see if somebody has more information on that one...

Bye, Chris.