Re: Error message with plpgsql CONTINUE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error message with plpgsql CONTINUE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Hmm ... what do you think of wording the error as "there is no label "foo"
> attached to any block enclosing this statement"?  That still leaves the
> terminology "block" undefined, but it seems better than "any statement
> enclosing this statement".

Actually, looking at the plpgsql documentation, I see that it is
completely consistent about using the word "block" to refer to
[DECLARE]/BEGIN/END.  So we probably can't get away with using the term in
a vaguer sense here.  So the wording would have to be "there is no label
"foo" attached to any block or loop enclosing this statement".  That's a
tad verbose, but at least it's clear ...