Measuring degredation of CLUSTER INDEX operation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bryce Nesbitt
Subject Measuring degredation of CLUSTER INDEX operation
Date
List pgsql-sql
I've got a table for which "CLUSTER tablename USING index" makes an
order of magnitude difference.

Are there ways to determine how "unclustered" this table becomes over
time, so I can schedule downtime to recluster?  I could use the pg_stat
tables, but this seems awkward.
               -Bryce

NB: For manual optimization work, it would be handy to have a feature in
"ANALYZE VERBOSE" which gives a measure from 0-100%, right next to the
"rows examined".  100% would be an optimally clustered result.  0% would
be every row came from a distinct block on disc.

Related links:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/sql-cluster.html
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/10-How-does-CLUSTER-ON-improve-index-performance.html