Re: Storage location of temporary files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Schröder
Subject Re: Storage location of temporary files
Date
List pgsql-general
Christian Schröder wrote:
> So I would like to use a faster disk for these temporary files, too,
> but I could not find where the temporary files are located. Is there a
> separate directory? I have found a "pgsql_tmp" directory inside of the
> database directories ("base/<oid>/pgsql_tmp"). Is this what I'm
> looking for?
Just one addition: I have found the following in the 8.3 docs:

    temp_tablespaces (string)
    This variable specifies tablespace(s) in which to create temporary
    objects (temp tables and indexes on temp tables) when a CREATE
    command does not explicitly specify a tablespace. Temporary files
    for purposes such as sorting large data sets are also created in
    these tablespace(s).

So my problem seems to have been addressed in the 8.3 release. Maybe we
can upgrade our database, but until that happens I will need another
solution, so my question remains ...

Regards,
    Christian

--
Deriva GmbH                         Tel.: +49 551 489500-42
Financial IT and Consulting         Fax:  +49 551 489500-91

Deriva CA Certificate: http://www.deriva.de/deriva-ca.cer