Re: [PLPGSQL] PERFORM into an EXECUTE allowed ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Baguette
Subject Re: [PLPGSQL] PERFORM into an EXECUTE allowed ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 27/10/08 13:12, Tom Lane a écrit :
> In that case you just do EXECUTE 'SELECT ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hem... I feel quite stupid, but you're (again) right. It now run perfectly.

By the way, I said previously that EXECUTE does not allow to put the
results into a target. I was wrong again.

(cf.
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/plpgsql-statements.html>,
chapter "38.5.4. Executing Dynamic Commands").

EXECUTE command-string [ INTO [STRICT] target ];

If I can make a suggestion, I think it could be interesting to complete
the doc with an additionnal example with such a EXECUTE that put results
in a target.

Thanks for the light ! :-)

Regards,

--