Re: [HACKERS] pg_regress in C - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_regress in C
Date
List pgsql-patches
On July 18, 1:06 am Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> >  Per discussion at the conference:
> >  In order to run the regression tests on Windows without msys,
> >  pg_regress needs to be reimplemnted in C.
>
> This has some minor portability issues (macros with ... aren't portable,
> for instance) but I think it's something we need to do.  Barring
> objections I'm going to clean up and apply it.

I've sent Magnus a patch a few days ago (but he seems to be without
internet connection already), maybe it can help you. I just fixed it such
that it worked for my non-standard install path.

I also did a small patch for the Makefile to compile and call pg_regress.

I append both patches (and hence won't send this mail to -hackers)

I also proposed to make pg_regress more modular some time ago:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-06/msg00212.php

A similar approach should be kept in mind as an enhancement to the C version.

Joachim

Attachment