Review: psql-wrap-formatting/Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From gabrielle
Subject Review: psql-wrap-formatting/Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Overview:
Patch to make data output that includes newlines & wrapped lines
consistent with the headers for that data.
Link: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=220

Submission review:* is in context diff* applies cleanly to current HEAD* includes its own test .sql file to verify new
output*includes appropriate doc patches

Usability review:* the patch does indeed do what it says* maintains backward compatibility, should the end-user desire
it*included tests perform as advertised

Coding review:* looks good to me* fits in with the surrounding code* no compiler warnings, no crashes* complete &
understandabledocs

Personally, I think this rocks.  It really improves the readability of
query output.

gabrielle
--
on behalf of the PDXPUG Patch Review Team (Dan, Mark, John, Brad, & me)