Re: VACUUM PANIC: corrupted item pointer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From André Volpato
Subject Re: VACUUM PANIC: corrupted item pointer
Date
List pgsql-general
André Volpato escreveu:
> 10. Same error
> # psql matriz
> psql: FATAL:  could not read block 0 of relation 1664/0/2676: read
> only 0 of 8192 bytes
>
> Right now this is the message I got every time I try to connect, even
> in single mode.
> We tried to fsck the raid partition, but with no luck.
>
> Hope there is something else I can do...

Digging a little bit more, I found that global/2676 has zero bytes, so
we restore global/ from backup.
Now the only databases we can log in the ones wich hasn´t been vacuumed
regulary, e.g. "postgres":

$ psql matriz
psql: FATAL:  cache lookup failed for database 87421438
$ psql volpato
psql: FATAL:  cache lookup failed for database 94680947
$ psql postgres
# \d
             List of relations
 Schema |      Name      | Type |  Owner
 public | pg_buffercache | view | postgres

Not sure if pg_buffercache should be there anyway ...

Ideas?

--

[]´s, ACV