Re: Question about fulltext search and to_tsvector function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: Question about fulltext search and to_tsvector function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi guys -

I half figured this out..  The problem is the vector is concatenating
the fields together..  If I have a title of "Iced Lemon Cake" and the
description is "Tangy and sweet!", then the tsvector looks like this:

"'ice':1 'lemon':2 'sweet':5 'caketangi':3"

"Cake" and "Tangy" get parsed as "caketangi" heheh..

So my questions are:

1) What's the proper syntax for this query, and
2) What's the proper syntax to index the vector (I can probably figured
this out once I have the first answer)..

Thanks!!

Mike