Re: Finding some bug statistics.. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Finding some bug statistics..
Date
List pgsql-www
Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> We don't have a bug tracker, thus there is nothing to gather statistics
>> from. We have a web form that is really just a sequence in a database
>> that generates a bug id, and then remails the whole form to pgsql-bugs.
>>
>> For discussions of why we don't have one, see about a billion mails in
>> the archives over the past 10 years or so :-(
>>
> The general policy is a 72 hour bug fix, right?  Do we have any
> ideas/numbers as to the currently "open" number of bugs (identified but
> not fixed yet)?  That would be just as useful in some regard.

There will be nothing but guesses. I won't venture into making one
myself :-)

> Also, is the sequence only a sequence, or is some of the data held in
> the database (queryable?)  At the very least, I could probably get an
> idea of the bug submit rate by looking at the first bug of each month in
> the bugs archive (or are many of the "bugs" really SPAM)?

No, nothing is stored in the database. Code is here:
https://pgweb.postgresql.org/browser/trunk/portal/system/form/submitbug.php

as you can see, the only db access is:       $rs        = $this->pg_query("SELECT nextval('bug_id_seq')");

//Magnus