Re: very large result sets and ResultSet.relative() to jump to a desired offset - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: very large result sets and ResultSet.relative() to jump to a desired offset
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Matt Magoffin wrote:
>> I'd suggest using LIMIT/OFFSET in your query.
>>
>> -O
>
> Hmm, I had thought of that but was hoping to stay just in generic JDBC,
> without Postgres specific SQL changes.

Doing it in the query does have the advantage that the server can
potentially come up with a better query plan.. assuming that it's common
to page through less than the full query output.

-O