Re: PDF Documentation for 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Hunter
Subject Re: PDF Documentation for 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
At 4:12am -0400 on Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/8.3/postgresql-8.3-A4.pdf
>
> I was not able to download ANY PDFs
>
> I am sitting here @home behind my TP570 and  I  am  connected  over  GSM
> (Bouygues Telecom) to the Internet and if I klick  the  PDF  links,  the
> conection timed out.

Hmm, it works splendidly here (Chapel Hill, NC).  I wonder if it's too
large for your particular network setup?  It's more than 16 MB.  Do you
have another network connection you could try?

You also might try getting it in chunks.  I've found the 'wget -c <url>'
(or curl --continue) paradigm invaluable for downloading large files
over slow, inconsistent, or otherwise flaky networks.

Kevin