Re: ORDER BY collation order - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: ORDER BY collation order
Date
List pgsql-sql
Joe wrote:
> Thanks for the info.   The hosting company already offers 8.3
> databases.  It's just that other things (we use tsearch2) have taken
> precedence over migrating to 8.3.  How can I tell if the patch you
> mention is installed?
As admin (or somebody with shell access) by running "pg_config
--configure" should show "--with-icu" as one of configure parameters.
As user you could try SELECTing upper() or lower() on some text with
more exotic chars (anything non-ASCII should do) in database which has
UTF8 encoding. If it works then ICU support is there.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)