Re: Simple Problem ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Simple Problem ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hengky Lie a écrit :
> [...]
> I really amazed with this problem and need your help.
>
> I run simple query from Query window of PgAdmin3: SELECT * FROM mytable
> limit 10;
>
> and the result are NON UPDATABLE QUERY, while i need the result are
> updatable.
>
> I run the same query from Passthrough SQL in Microsoft Access, the
> result are the same (non updatable). But when i run this query from EMS
> SQLMANAGER for postgre, the result are UPDATABLE. I really amazed.
>
> Could someone help me ?

Do you have a primary key on mytable or OID ?

If you don't, pgAdmin3 can't allow modification because it doesn't know
how to select a line uniquely. I suppose it is the same for Access. And
it is a really bad behaviour of EMS SQL Manager.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com