Re: psql scripting tutorials - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Artacus
Subject Re: psql scripting tutorials
Date
List pgsql-general
> This sounds a lot like what I did in my last job using bash for most
> things, and php for the more complicated stuff.  Wrote a simple oracle
> to pgsql table replicator in php that worked pretty well.

Well we do this stuff all the time with Oracle and sql*plus. And I've
heard people hear say about how much better psql is than sql*plus. So I
figured surely someone would have figured that its a really slick way of
  automating imports and scheduling with cron... and then blogged about
it. But it looks like I'm on my own.