Re: looking for a jdbc method. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: looking for a jdbc method.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> I haven't looked into the current status of the interface. It's broken
> by design and should really be deprecated in the JDBC spec, so it's not
> all that interesting.

Er ... I spoke too soon. I could've sworn I ran into a JDBC method that
could only return a single key, but it's not the two-argument form of
PrepareStatement:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jdbcnew/

"the values for the generated keys are obtained by retrieving a
ResultSet from a Statement's instance method, getGeneratedKeys(). The
ResultSet contains a row for each generated key."

My bad.

So - exacltly which PostgreSQL JDBC driver version are you using,
anyway? Can you show some code that doesn't work, and how it fails?

--
Craig Ringer