Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>
>>> Well that may lead to some interestingly messy desktops (imagine -
>>> separated tabs as far as the eye can see :-p ), but it could be useful
>>> too. How does it solve this problem though?
>>>
>> wxAuiNotebook tabs can scroll on the mac. And there's a nice button to
>> get a list of all tabs.
>
> Oooh, that sounds nice. Any idea how much pain it would be to
> retro-fit into the dialogs?

It sure seems a lot of work. We can't just replace the wxNotebook with a
wxAuiNotebook in the XRC files. I tried yesterday and it didn't work :-/

AFAICT, we need to write some code about a wxAuiManager and its panes.
And there's probably more stuff to know before going into that.

I'll first work on the server status window (remember the first part:
Replace the wxNotebook widget with the wxAuiNotebook so users can close
tabs and rearrange tabs order via drag-and-drop.) When the first part
will be done, I'll have a better understanding of the AUI stuff.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org