Re: Trigger function is not called - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill
Subject Re: Trigger function is not called
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
Bill <pg@dbginc.com> writes:
The thing that has me confused is that the following table, trigger and
trigger function work perfectly and the primary key for this table is
also bigint not null.
Actually, after looking closer, I think the problem with your previous
example is that you created an ON UPDATE trigger not an ON INSERT
trigger.  Table constraints are indeed enforced after before-triggers
fire, as a quick look at the code proves.  Sorry for the misinformation.
		regards, tom lane

I knew I was missing something really simple. I changed the trigger to before insert and everything works perfectly. Thanks again for your help. I learned a lot.

Bill