Re: just work installation & configuration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: just work installation & configuration
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Yuri Huitron Alvarado wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm a newbie and want to startup my just installed postgres :
>
> * 8.3-community
> * SPARC
> * Solaris 10
>
> it answers that it has to find postgresql.conf but I can't find it anywere
> do I have to write it specifying the most basic options?

I cant say much about your package but since it seems to have
a start script (also I remember solaris even had its
own postgres for system purposes?) so what you might need
to do is to find a place where the database should be
and run initdb with the options you need. (man initdb)
This will create the database cluster as well as postgresql.conf
and pg_hba.conf in the datadir.

Usually packages should come with a README or something telling
you about specific setup if you need to do anything special.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain

Attachment