Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Asko Oja wrote:
> I do get the impression that Tom who would prefer to get all the pl's
> out of PostgreSQL and live happily ever after with pure SQL standard.

I have not seen the slightest evidence of this, and don't believe it for
a minute.

I understand some of the frustration you are feeling, but statements
like this don't help anything.

(And yes, I too have recently been bitten nastily by cached plan
problems, and want to see them fixed. I rather like Simon's suggestion
of a command or function that would clear the plan cache.)

cheers

andrew