Re: Hint: parseSql(...) in AbstractJdbc2Statement.java can be optimized performance-wise - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Hint: parseSql(...) in AbstractJdbc2Statement.java can be optimized performance-wise
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
rw2xg7h02@sneakemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to let you know, that the parseSql(...)-method can be optimized quite a bit by removing the many calls to
p_sql.charAtand newsql.append. These could be replaced with local variables not requiring calls to be mutated (e.g.
localchar[]). I'm dealing with very long SQL-statements due to the use of Hibernate and parsing the SQL takes up quite
sometime - revealed by profiling tools.

> Just wanted to let you know, if you at some point would like to optimize the performance of the JDBC driver.

Got a patch that does this and some benchmarks to show it going faster?

-O