Re: Transaction-controlled robustness for replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Transaction-controlled robustness for replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Robert Hodges wrote:
> I like Simon’s logical vs. physical terminology

So far, it seems to mainly have caused confusion (physical replication,
but logical application? logical replication using WAL shipping?). At
least I still prefer the more meaningful and descriptive terms, like
"log shipping", "statement based replication" or "row based replication".

But maybe, what Simon is about to propose just doesn't fit into any of
those categories. I have a similar problem with Postgres-R, which is
somewhere in between synchronous and asynchronous.

Regards

Markus Wanner