Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: setting datestyle - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: setting datestyle
Date
List pgsql-admin
C K wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I have tried to set datestyle to 'DMY'. As per manual and many other
> posts related to this point, I have set datestyle to 'DMY' at database.
> but still it is needed to execute each time *set datestyle to 'DMY'
> *before starting any new connection. Once this is set, there is no
> problem for that connection till it was live. Is there any solution to
> this problem? Why even after setting database property datastyle to
> 'DMY' gives an error when *set datestyle to 'DMY' *is not executed at
> starting connection?

Maybe you have a setting at database or login level?

ALTER ROLE ... SET ... can be effective
or
ALTER DATABASE ... SET

These would override whatever you set in the config file.
Also config file changes only take effect when you
restart the cluster in most cases.

Regards
Tino

Attachment