Re: Plz Heeeelp! performance settings - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Plz Heeeelp! performance settings
Date
List pgsql-performance
dforums wrote:
> The performance problem is really only on the insertion and even more on
> the treatment for the aggregation.
>
> To treat the 3000 entrances and to insert, or update the tables it needs
> 10 minutes.
>
> As I told you I inject 14000 query every 2 minutes, and it needs 10
> minutes to treat 3000 of those query.

Sorry - I still don't understand. What is this "treatment" you are doing?

>  >
>  > OK. I assume you're happy with the plans you are getting on these
>  > queries, since you've not provided any information about them.
>
> The plan seems ok as it use index as well.
> here is the plan :
>
> explain analyse SELECT "insertUpdateTracks"(137,2605, 852, ('2008-08-06
> 19:28:54'::text)::date,3,'dailydisplay',2,NULL);
> INFO:  method 1
>                                      QUERY PLAN
>
>  Result  (cost=0.00..0.01 rows=1 width=0) (actual time=1.151..1.151
> rows=1 loops=1)
>  Total runtime: 1.160 ms

There's nothing to do with an index here - this is a function call.

>  Has you can see the runtime processs for an update in this table.
>
> multiplying this per 10000, it is too long.

So - are you calling this function 14000 times to inject your data?
You're doing this in one transaction, yes?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd