Re: help for:FATAL 1: configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: help for:FATAL 1: configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions
Date
Re: help for:FATAL 1: configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-bugs
bonolin <bonolin@yahoo.com> writes:
>   I install postgres 7.1 on solaris 2.6(sparc cpu).And create some
>   db,runing normal.Today,I want to restart the database,it report
>   "FATAL 1: configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong
>   permissions",I check and change the permission to 775 ,but fail
>   either,can you help.I need your help.  Thanks!

A look at the source code shows it wants 744 or less.

This is probably overly restrictive; in fact, I would argue that there
should be no such check at all.  We do not do runtime checks for
permissions on any other files, and some of them are far more sensitive
than postgresql.conf (password files for example).  Peter, what is the
rationale for having this check?

            regards, tom lane