Dumping datconfig - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Dumping datconfig
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It seems the only way to dump stuff in pg_database.datconfig ("ALTER
DATABASE foo SET something=bar") is to do an unqualified pg_dumpall.

I think this should *at least* be dumped with pg_dump when it's set to
create the database, and I think a case could be made that it should
*always* be dumped when a complete database is dumped by pg_dump (not
restricted by schema or table or function or whatever).

Comments?

(I'll await the result of the discussion that's sure to happen before I
write up a patch for it, but I'm willing to do said patch once agreement
has been reached)

//Magnus