Re: array_accum() and quoted content - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond C. Rodgers
Subject Re: array_accum() and quoted content
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
"Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@gmail.com> writes:
The only difference I can see is that the quotes don't appear when the
values returned don't contain white space, and do when white space is
present.
That is per the definition of array output format:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/arrays.html#AEN5876

Is there any way to force consistency? My PHP code currently is
expecting quoted strings to be returned.
Better fix your PHP code.
		regards, tom lane
Drat, thanks. Other than array_accum() I've never used arrays in PostgreSQL, so I wasn't aware of that behavior.

Raymond