Polymorphic types vs. domains - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Polymorphic types vs. domains
Date
Re: Polymorphic types vs. domains  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Polymorphic types vs. domains  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
The proximate cause of this complaint:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-12/msg00283.php
seems to be that the polymorphic-type code doesn't consider a domain
over an enum type to match an ANYENUM function argument.

ISTM this is probably wrong: we need such a domain to act like its base
type for matching purposes.  There is an analogous problem with a domain
over an array type failing to match ANYARRAY; conversely, such a domain
is considered to match ANYNONARRAY which it likely should not.

Comments?  If this is agreed to be a bug, should we consider
back-patching it?  (I'd vote not, I think, because the behavioral
change could conceivably break some apps that work now.)