Re: Special role for subscriptions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Evgeniy Efimkin
Subject Re: Special role for subscriptions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!
>  * What are the most important use cases here? Are we just trying to
> avoid the unnecessary use of superuser, or is there a real use case for
> subscribing to a subset of a publication?

For instance in target database we do not have permission on some table used in publication,
but we still CREATE SUBSCRIPTION for owned tables.

>  * What are all the reasons CREATE SUBSCRIPTION currently requires
> superuser?
I'm not sure, but it seems like only superuser have rights on all tables. I can't find any restrictions.

>  * Is the original idea of a special role still viable?
yes, i wrote simple patch. Role create externally, but it can be system role.
--------
Efimkin Evgeny

Attachment