Re: view row-level locks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: view row-level locks
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Shulman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This seems like it must be a common question, but Google can't find
> the answer for me.  How do I view the currently open row-level locks?
> The manual says that the table pg_locks doesn't contain row-level
> locks, since they are stored on disk rather than in memory, but it
> doesn't say how one can view those locks.

If you just want to see if a lock has been taken (e.g. SELECT FOR
UPDATE) then that shows in pg_locks. If you want details on the actual
rows involved, then you probably want "pgrowlocks" mentioned in Appendix
F. Additional Supplied Modules.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd