Re: rollback - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madison Kelly
Subject Re: rollback
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Moisey wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to be able to "mark" a point in my postgres database. After
> that I want to change a few things and "rollback" to that point. Does
> postgres support such a thing?  Is it possible for me to do this?

A crude way of doing it, which I've done in the past on test DBs, is
take periodic dumps of the DB, do some work/development, then drop the
DB and reload the dump to go back in time. Of course, this becomes less
feasible as your DB grows in size.

I've not played with savepoints myself, though if others are
recommending it, it is probably more sane then my method.

Madi