Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler napsal(a):
> On Jul 7, 2008, at 11:54, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>>> Then why shouldn't I use strncmp() for all comparisons?
>>
>> I have no idea :-) -- because it's not locale-aware perhaps.
>
> Could someone who does have an idea answer these questions:
>
> * Does it need to be locale-aware or not?
> * Should I use strncmp() or varstr_cmp() to compare strings?
> * Shouldn't it use one or the other, but not both?
>
> Sorry, I'm just confused about the "correct" thing to do here. If
> someone who knows the definitive answers could weigh in, I'd be happy to
> make the adjustment.

I'm sorry. I meant bttext()
http://doxygen.postgresql.org/varlena_8c-source.html#l01270

bttext should use in citextcmp function. It uses strcol function.

And citext_eq should be implemented as texteq:

http://doxygen.postgresql.org/varlena_8c-source.html#l01164
I'm sorry for confusion I'm exchange bttext and varstr_cmp. :(
    Zdenek

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql