Re: Who's attached to the database? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: Who's attached to the database?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Carol Walter wrote:
> I'm trying to drop a database and I'm getting an error that says that
> the database is being accessed by other users.  Is there a way I can
> find out who these users are or if there really is a user accessing it?
Carol, depending on version and options turned on in the
postgresql.conf, you probably can have a look in the pg_stat_activity
system view:

SELECT datname, client_addr FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE datname = '<db
you're trying to drop>';

Otherwise, you can also have a look at the command line on linux servers
like this:

ps -ef|grep postgres

or

ps aux | grep postgres

depending what ps variant your system includes.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/