Re: Should enum GUCs be listed as such in config.sgml? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Should enum GUCs be listed as such in config.sgml?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Currently, config.sgml still describes the new "enum" GUC variables
> as being of type "string" --- but pg_settings says they are "enum".
> This is not very consistent, but I wonder whether changing the docs
> would be more confusing or less so.  I note that section 18.1 doesn't
> mention the enum alternative either.

From the perspective of the person setting it in the config, it still
"looks like a string", which is why I chose not to change it. I think
it'd make things more confusing.

18.1 probably deserves a note about it though, I'll see if I can come up
with something good there.

//Magnus