Re: Limits of backwards compatibility for psql's \d commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Limits of backwards compatibility for psql's \d commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... So it's just 7.3 that's worth debating, I think.

> EOL is EOL, why is the question even being asked?

Well, pg_dump still supports servers back to 7.0 (and yes I do test that
now and again).  psql probably doesn't need to support interactive query
operations quite so far back, but I think the boundary of what's needed
is pretty squishy.  Hence my query about what people really want.