Re: Limits of backwards compatibility for psql's \d commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Limits of backwards compatibility for psql's \d commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane a écrit :
> I'm fooling around with Guillaume Lelarge's patch to make psql's \d
> commands work with older server versions.  The patch as submitted
> works with servers back to 7.4 (modulo a small bug or two).  I tried
> to see what it'd take to make it work with 7.3.  I count about a dozen
> trivial diffs and about three nontrivial ones --- nontrivial meaning
> I didn't see a simple fix right away.  This seems a bit more work than
> is justified for a server version that the community has officially
> dropped support for, but I wonder if anyone feels hot about it?

I don't think we should add support for pre-7.4 releases.

I even didn't try to look at 7.3 release because it's not maintained
anymore. Anyways, if someone thinks it should be done, I can work on it.

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com