Re: stat() vs cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Reini Urban
Subject Re: stat() vs cygwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan schrieb:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Heh. Maybe not dead, but certainly not really alive either ;-) Given the
>> evidence in your patch that clearly 8.3 isn't quite up to speed on
>> cygwin, and nobody has really noticed until now.
>>

> AIUI, only the gssapi stuff is broken. Most users are not likely to want
> it on Cygwin I should think. (And plenty of distros are still on 8.2 and
> earlier, anyway).

Well, native windows users is a very nice to have. Actually a killer
feature.

> What would be nice would be for Reini to set up a Cygwin buildfarm
> member that uses all the switches that the Cygwin distro wants to use.

Without ENABLE_SSPI I just need  --enable-nls --with-CXX --with-openssl --with-perl --with-python  --with-libxml
--with-libxslt--with-ldap

and these build out of the box.

>> I also notice this in auth.c:
>> +#ifdef·__CYGWIN__
>> +#define·WIN32
>> +#endif
>>
>> What is the need to change this for just one file? Seems very fragile -
>> the rest of our codebase assumes WIN32 != CYGWIN, and I think we should
>> keep that consistent.
>
> Right. We have had significant grief from this in the past, and don't
> need to return there. If we need it to get correct behaviour from some
> header file, then it needs to be heavily commented and localised. But I
> bet there are other ways to get the right result - that's what we've
> tended to find in the past.

Ok, I copy then the required lines from WIN32.
This was the shortest patch I could come up with and it
worked nice for the auth backend, with SSPI enabled.
--
Reini