Does anything dump per-database config settings? (was Re: ALTER DATABASE vs pg_dump) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Huxton
Subject Does anything dump per-database config settings? (was Re: ALTER DATABASE vs pg_dump)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Richard Huxton wrote:
> At present it means you can't reliably do:
>  DROP DATABASE foo;
>  pg_restore --create foo.dump
> I'd then have to either hand edit the dumpall dump or wade through a
> bunch of errors checking that none of them were relevant.

Actually, I'm not sure pg_dumpall does them either.

tracker=> SELECT name,setting,source FROM pg_settings WHERE name =
'DateStyle';   name    | setting  |  source
-----------+----------+---------- DateStyle | SQL, DMY | database
(1 row)

pg_dumpall -U postgres -p 5483 -g > tracker.global.schema
pg_dump -U postgres -p 5483 --schema-only > tracker.schema
grep -i datestyle tracker*schema
<nothing>

That's with 8.3.3

Am I doing something stupid here?