Re: Connection to second database on server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julius Tuskenis
Subject Re: Connection to second database on server
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, Hermann.

The best solution in my opinion would be using users name and password
to connect to database. That way you can decide (grant) what tables can
be accessed by this user and there is no password you have to hide from
him (or others). So use stored procedure returning set of records
instead ot view and pass the password as a parameter. I know this is not
too good, but its the best I can come up with.

On the other hand you can configure postgreSQL to trust connections from
localhost. That way you can exclude password from the connect string.
Any way - I would not advice you to go that path because of security
reasons.

Julius Tuskenis