Re: Backend Stats Enhancement Request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Backend Stats Enhancement Request
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
>
> That's not where the problem is.  The people who will be left holding
> the short end of the stick are the ones who can't raise their SHMMAX
> setting past a couple of megabytes.
>
> It might be feasible to make pg_stat_activity's max string length
> a postmaster-start-time configuration option.

That would seem to me to be the most prudent course. As much as it is
important to pay attention to those "who can't raise their SHMMAX
setting past a couple of megabutes", that is certainly not the majority
of participants in this community.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake