Re: Tsearch2 Initial Search Speed - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Howard Cole
Subject Re: Tsearch2 Initial Search Speed
Date
Re: Tsearch2 Initial Search Speed  (Alan Hodgson <ahodgson@simkin.ca>)
List pgsql-performance
> As far as I can see, that shouldn't make any difference. Both queries
> still do the bitmap heap scan, and have almost exactly the same cost.
>
> Matthew

You may have a point there Matthew, they both appear to do a scan on the
email table (Why?). But for whatever reason, I swear the second method
is significantly faster! If I run the new style query first, then the
original style (to_tsquery as q) then the original style still takes
longer, even with the new style cached!

Incidentally, how can I clear the cache in between queries?