Re: [Pgbouncer-general] Again, problem with pgbouncer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolf Schwurack
Subject Re: [Pgbouncer-general] Again, problem with pgbouncer
Date
List pgsql-general
-- OK, but this is not a showstopper here. Right?
Your right - just a thought

-- What settings do I need to give "/var/log" (currently root) so the pgbouncer process can write to it? Why are these
specialpermissions needed
You need to have a pgbouner directory in /var/log and have the owner pgbouncer. This is easy to test try creating a
filein /var/log as the user pgbouncer. It should fail because pgbouncer does not have writer permissions to /var/log.
Asroot create a directory /var/log/pgbouncer, change owner to pgbouncer. Set your parameter for pgbouncer.log to
/var/log/pgbouncer.Then test by creating a file in /var/log/pgbouncer as user pgbouncer

If the user exists in the postgres then I'm not sure why it fails.

Wolf