a problem when poring from Oracle's PL/SQL to PLPGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From billy
Subject a problem when poring from Oracle's PL/SQL to PLPGSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
pgsql-hackers:

The following is Oracle's PL/SQL
 if resTypeTableName is nullthen                                                               queryStr := 'select
IntIID,Path FROM aaResourceData' || ' where ResType=''' || srcType || ''' and ResID=''' || srcID || '''';
                                                else
                                                     queryStr := 'select IntIID, Path FROM ' || resTypeTableName || '
whereResType=''' || srcType || ''' and ResID=''' ||                           srcID || '''';
       end if;
open cursorSrc for queryStr;

Here queryStr is a variable which type is TEXT OR VARCHAR or other string types.

But in  PLPGSQL, we can only open a cursor this way:
    open cursorSrc for select * from testtable;

We cannot substitude "select * from testtable" with a variable.

Is there another way to handle it?

Thank you for your help. :-)

        billy
        billywq@163.com