Re: Proposal: GiST constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: Proposal: GiST constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> This can be solved by my proposal, but I just don't know how it would
> apply to something like GIN, for instance. It could replace the unique
Hmm, your proposal isn't applicable to GIN, because GIN stores a lot of keys for
only one value to be indexed.

> being inserted by other concurrent transactions, and those values can
> be variable in size. What other mechanism do we have to share those
> variable-sized values among several backends?
In theory, any indexed value in index (for GiST, after compression) should fit
into page at least.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/