Re: GIN improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: GIN improvements
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Right now this is not a problem because there is no insert_cleanup
> function for btree, but I wonder if we should clean it up.
Look at gistbulkdelete and gistvacuumcleanup, first function wants to send a
bool flag to second one and they use GiSTBulkDelete structure instead of usual
IndexBulkDeleteResult. When it will be needed btree may use the same method.

> FWIW there's a typo in catalogs.sgml (finction -> function)
Thank you, will fix.

> What's the use of the FASTUPDATE parameter?  Is there a case when a user
> is interested in turning it off?

Yeah - when time of search is much-much more important (or crucial)  than
insertion time. Or table stores read-only values.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/