Re: PL/pgSQL graph enumeration function hangs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles F. Munat
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL graph enumeration function hangs
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, but the join clause is there, it's just buried in the subqueries.

If there is a problem, it is probably that the loop never ends.

Or it could be that the answer is exponential, and I just have too many
rows in the source table and too deep a graph.

I figured out how to do it in the application with one call to the
database and a simple recursive method in a class, though, so I'm not
going to use a stored function in the DB.

Thanks again for responding.

Chas.