Re: Full vacuum really slowing query down - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomasz Ostrowski
Subject Re: Full vacuum really slowing query down
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2008-06-04 23:18, Jason Long wrote:

> I have a query that takes 2.5 sec if I run it from a freshly restored
> dump.  If I run a full vacuum on the database it then takes 30 seconds.

1. Don't run "vacuum full", run plain "vacuum". If you run "vacuum full"
then "reindex" afterwards.

2. Run "analyze".

3. Please provide a description of your tables - schemas, how much data
there.

4. Please provide your query.

5. Please provide an output of "explain analyze [your_query]".

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you