Re: BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Nathan Reed wrote:

> Bug reference:      4219
> Logged by:          Nathan Reed
> Email address:      nreed@uci.edu
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
> Operating system:   Sparc Solaris 10 - 08/07 release
> Details:
>
> It does not matter what parameters I do or do not provide on the configure
> step, I get the same failure every time:
> checking for fseeko... (cached) yes
> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:
> Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem related to
> locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log' for the exact
> reason.
>
> I have even attempted to re-order the configure.in file to no avail.  I
> wanted a version with ssl support (sunfreeware.com does not provide a built
> version with the ssl support), but this jacked up problem with fseeko is
> pushing me to use MySQL because I have been successful in configuring,
> making, and installing a version with ssl support.  Encryption is critical
> in my environment.

what compiler/tool stack are you using?  what additional libraries?

for sparc, I'd highly recommend using Sun Studio, aka SUNWspro,
available from sun for free nowdays (installs to /opt/SUNWspro/..., so
put that bin in your path before any other compilers)