Re: Generate SQL Statements - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Generate SQL Statements
Date
List pgsql-general
Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a third party product that will generate
> SQL statements for creating existing tables. We have to provide table
> definition statements for out parent company. Any ideas?

Why 3rd party? How about:

pg_dump --schema-only -t table_name... ?

Alternately, roll-your-own using the system tables. A good place to
start is by running psql with the --echo-queries option to see the
queries it runs "behind the scenes". You can read the queries for things
like "\d+ tablename" then modify them to suit.

Cheers,
Steve